Friday, October 13th, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. at Waterhouse Pavilion at Miller Plaza
Packet Pick Up and the Pasta Dinner/Race Briefing will be held at the Waterhouse Pavilion at Miller Plaza. Note- this is not next to the river. It is located in the center of downtown.
Address: 850 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402
Packet Pick Up
- Packet Pick Up for swimmers and pilots is mandatory.
- It opens at 5:00 p.m., no earlier, sorry.
- Swimmers and pilots sign in, obtain updates, receive event t-shirts and goodie bags.
- Those who are not full USMS members will sign the 1-Day Event waivers.
- If you can't make it to packet pick up you must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can get your yummy catered pasta dinner after you register. A race briefing and presentation will be given at the dinner. A race briefing will also be given on race morning 15 mins before the event starts for swimmers and pilots.
Pasta Dinner/Race Briefing
The pasta dinner will be served right after you register. The race briefing is mandatory for first time swimmers and pilots and is optional for those who have attended before. It is encouraged that you stay if you have been assigned a volunteer pilot so that you can get to know each other before the race. A mandatory race briefing will also be given on race morning 15 mins before the event starts for swimmers and pilots. An all you can eat pasta buffer (veggie, meat, and gluten free options) will be served starting at 5:00 p.m. Swimmer and pilot race briefings will start at 6:00 p.m. ish or after everyone has registered.
Cool Door Prizes to those who stay for the Briefing
1) Door Prize! A free entry to the SCAR swim in Arizona. If you want to enter the drawing, please respond to this email and let me know!
2) Door Prize! A free entry to the Vermont Kingdom Swim! If you want to enter the drawing, please respond to this email and let me know!
3) Swimmers can bring a fun door prize, such as cookies or candy made in your hometown or a some cool inexpensive but fun item that represents your hometown to give away as a door prize at the suck. I am bringing MoonPies for all of you!
Saturday, October 14th, 2017
6:00 a.m. - 6:30 a.m.
Swimmers and Kayakers who are bringing their own kayaks/SUP will drop their boats off at the Swim Start Suck Creek Boat Launch first and then drive ~30 minutes to the Swim Finish at TN River Gardens to park your car. From there you will be shuttled by a school bus back to the swim start (Suck Creek Boat Launch). Outdoor Chattanooga will watch over kayaks at the swim start until you get back.
7:00 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
All Swimmers and Kayakers to Arrive and Park at the Swim Finish at TN River Gardens. See Swim Course and Maps for DIRECTIONS.
- Shuttle Busses pick up swimmers and kayakers at TN River Gardens and drive to the Swim Start (Suck Creek Boat Launch)
- Swimmers and Kayakers wear warm clothes and take caps, goggles, lube, feedings, etc. on the shuttle bus with you.
- Sign in and get body marked at Suck Creek Boat Launch.
- Please wait and put on sunscreen after you get checked in and body marked.
- Place your bib number on your pilot's jacket or boat deck.
- At the race start, drop your morning clothes bag at the start and it will be transported to the finish line.
- Mandatory Race Briefing for swimmers and pilots with up to date information. Pilots get in water at 9:15 a.m.
- Race Start at the Suck Creek Boat Launch (1907 Suck Creek Rd Chattanooga, TN 37401). (See Swim Course and Maps).
- Note: If your friends/family are dropping you off at the start, there are lots of places to pull off and see the swimmers go by on Suck Creek and Mullins Cove Road.
12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Swimmers expected at finish line- TN River Gardens
- Retrieve your morning clothes bag
- Enjoy coffee, light snacks, fire, changing tents, and cheer on swimmers as they finish at the finish line.
- Pick up your finish receipt from Scenic City Multisport (just for fun)
- Swimmers invited to feast at the taco bar provided by the Big Table and celebrate with local brew provided by The Chattanooga Brewing Company.
4:00 p.m. (ish)
- Awards at the Finish Line - TN River Gardens
- You can leave when you need to since your car will be at there at the finish line.